2019 NVBA/WBL/ACBL Longest Day Alzheimer's Fundraisers
As a Longest Day’s inaugural partner, the ACBL has raised more than $4.7 million for the care, support and research efforts of the Alzheimer’s Association. From sunrise to sunset, members across the country will host tournaments, teach lessons and play multiple sessions to advance the cause.
Join us for the 7th annual The Longest Day fundraising event benefiting the Alzheimer’s Association. Taking place from June 16 to June 23, 2019 – including June 21, the longest day of the year – the event symbolizes the difficult journey of those living with Alzheimer’s and the burdens placed on their caregivers. "Bridge Heroes," our local support and official fundraising team, is registered with the Alzheimer’s Association. We raise funds in many ways. Club games during the Longest Week will donate some or all proceeds to the Alzheimer’s Association. There will be an auction allowing you to partner with an expert player, an auction of donated goods and services, and a raffle with prizes of free plays at District 6 Regionals and local club games. Please support The Longest Day by attending the games, bidding in the auctions, purchasing raffle tickets or just donating funds. You’ll be honoring the more than 35 million people worldwide who are living with Alzheimer’s and countless caregivers who cope with its demands. By playing bridge, you’ll show the world that there's a fun game that may help slow the onset of this disease.Here's a list of ways you can contribute to the effort:
- Place a bid in the player auction. Click here: Player auction
- Place a bid in the goods and services auction. Click here: Goods and services auction
- Purchase raffle tickets for club game and District 6 regional free plays. Available at club games.
- Donate directly to Alzheizmer's. Click here: Bridge Heroes
- Write a check payable to Alzheimer's Association and mail it to:
- Attend one of the club games during the longest week. Click here: Participating clubs
- We always need volunteers. If you'd like to help, send an email to the Longest Day coordinator. Click here: email@example.com
12759 Alder Woods Drive
Fairfax, VA 22033-2213