Announcements(Updated: Tuesday, April 7th, 4:01 PM)
Today is Wednesday, April 8th
This week's unit game: **CANCELED** @KOCH Unit Championship Stratiflighted Pairs
This week's unit game lecture will be presented by: NO LECTURE: GAME CANCELED: Coronavirus
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The NVBA annual meeting set for May 7th. is being rescheduled
A long-time fixture of the Northern Virginia bridge scene, Sam Coleman, passed away in February. Click here for a bio and picture: Sam Coleman bio.
Another member of the Northern Virginia bridge scene, Allan Sitterson, passed away in February. Click here for a bio and picture: Allan Sitterson bio.
- Sat, Apr 18th, 2020 -to- Sun, Apr 19th, 2020 - **CANCELLED** GNT Flights Open, B and NLM 2nd wknd
- Mon, Apr 20th, 2020 -to- Sun, Apr 26th, 2020 - **CANCELLED** Gatlinburg Regional
- Thu, Apr 30th, 2020 -to- Sun, May 3rd, 2020 - **CANCELLED** NVBA Spring Sectional
- Fri, May 1st, 2020 -to- Sun, May 3rd, 2020 - **CANCELLED** Virginia Beach Sectional
- Mon, May 4th, 2020 -to- Sun, May 10th, 2020 - **CANCELLED** District 6 Sectional Tournament at Clubs
- Thu, May 28th, 2020 -to- Sun, May 31st, 2020 - WBL 75th Annual Potomac Valley Tournament
- Fri, Jun 5th, 2020 -to- Sun, Jun 7th, 2020 - Baltimore Summer Sectional
The NVBA Unit game on Thursday evening includes a Newcomer Game for players with 0‑20 Masterpoints. Beginning with a free lecture at 6:10 pm and continuing with 12‑16 hands of bridge from 7:00 pm to a little after 9:00 pm. Please tell all your social bridge‑playing friends, your family members, co‑workers, and neighbors who have expressed interest in improving their game.
The NVBA is committed to Zero Tolerance. If you ever have an issue with another player at an NVBA sponsored event, please call the director immediately. Read the NVBA's Zero Tolerance Policy.
In conjunction with NVBA's Zero Tolerance initiative, we've posted material about bridge ethics. Click here for educational articles about ethical behavior at the table.
This year's Tournaments
- NVBA, WBL and District 6
- Find a Tournament @ ACBL.org
- 2020 Tournaments and special events (printable PDF)