Announcements(Updated: Wednesday, January 22nd, 10:47 PM)
This week's unit game: GNT Qualifier Swiss Teams 2020.
This week's unit game lecture presented by: Terry Jones: Hand Evaluation by Responder after Partner Opens 1 of a Major.
The Grand National Teams qualifying season runs from September 1st through February 15th. Clubs will be running GNT qualifying games during this period. To learn more, click here: additional GNT information. Click HERE for a list of known GNT club qualifying games.
Congratulations to David Rodney and Rusty Krauss for winning the 0-10,000 Fast Pairs at the San Francisco Nationals. Here's a picture of their celebration: Yipee!.
- Sat, Jan 25th, 2020 -to- Sun, Jan 26th, 2020 - GNT Flight A (0-6000) 1st weekend
- Sat, Jan 25th, 2020 -to- Fri, Jan 31st, 2020 - Bermuda Regional
- Fri, Jan 31st, 2020 -to- Sun, Feb 2nd, 2020 - Baltimore SuperBowl Sectional
- Mon, Feb 3rd, 2020 -to- Sun, Feb 9th, 2020 - Williamsburg Regional
- Mon, Feb 10th, 2020 -to- Sun, Feb 16th, 2020 - District 6 Sectional Tournament at Clubs
- Thu, Feb 20th, 2020 -to- Sun, Feb 23rd, 2020 - NVBA Winter Sectional
- Sat, Feb 22nd, 2020 -to- Sun, Feb 23rd, 2020 - GNT Flight A (0-6000) 2nd weekend
- Fri, Feb 28th, 2020 -to- Sun, Mar 1st, 2020 - GNT Flights Open, B and NLM 1st weekend
- Fri, Mar 13th, 2020 -to- Sun, Mar 15th, 2020 - Fredricksburg St. Patrick's Day Sectional
- Thu, Mar 19th, 2020 -to- Sun, Mar 29th, 2020 - Columbus OH Spring NABC
The NVBA Unit game on Thursday evening includes a Newcomer Game for players with 0‑20 Masterpoints. Beginning with a free lecture at 6:10 pm and continuing with 12‑16 hands of bridge from 7:00 pm to a little after 9:00 pm. Please tell all your social bridge‑playing friends, your family members, co‑workers, and neighbors who have expressed interest in improving their game.
The NVBA is committed to Zero Tolerance. If you ever have an issue with another player at an NVBA sponsored event, please call the director immediately. Read the NVBA's Zero Tolerance Policy.
In conjunction with NVBA's Zero Tolerance initiative, we've posted material about bridge ethics. Click here for educational articles about ethical behavior at the table.
- NVBA, WBL and District 6
- Find a Tournament @ ACBL.org
- 2020 Tournaments and special events (printable PDF)